Friday, July 18, 2008

Cold Water

For a while more than a year ago I ran a blog called 'Cold Waters to a Thirsty Soul'. Every day I'd post five items of good news, to try to counteract the bad news you see all over the news outlets. I gave up after a while -- it was a bunch of work and I think I had one reader (thank you, Elizabeth, for being a faithful reader!)

Hadn't thought about it in a long time but I've just run across a couple of things that would have qualified to be included, once upon a time...

Duck Darwin Awards -- the tale of a mother duck whose nest placement could have been better, and what a bunch of humans did to help her out.

Container House -- how a group of folks built a sturdy, snug, nigh-indestructible home out of old retired shipping containers. I'm contemplating finding out where old containers go to die and if it's near here, giving this one a try.

Only two today, where once I did five. But I think I'm going to try to make this a semi-regular practice again, because we can all still use some good news every once in a while.

"As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." Proverbs 25:25

No comments: