Monday, June 2, 2008

Something A Little Lighter

Tagged by dear Cecilia of Closeted Pastor. If indirectly.

What were you doing five years ago?

1) ...you know, I haven't the faintest idea.
2) I hadn't started my Livejournal yet, so I can't check there.
3) It was, what, 2003?
4) I was in the SCA...
5) ...uhm.

Yeah, okay. Let's answer this for real.

1) Lots and lots of heraldry.
2) Getting to know my Tim better, and slowly falling in love with him.
3) Getting used to being on antidepressants, and starting the mind-work they gave me space for.
4) Learning to cook.
5) All in all, taking my first steps in becoming Brave.

What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?

1) Take a huge stack of packages to the post office...on foot.
2) Write up June's Om Shanti Handcrafts newsletter.
3) Spend some time with my new rats and my current rat.
4) Make soap.
5) Make jewelry.

What are five snacks you enjoy?

1) Popcorn.
2) Peanuts.
3) Necco Wafers.
4) Candy Hearts.
5) Edamame.

What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?

1) Send every kid I know to college or appropriate alternative.
2) Fund an Abused Walmart Employee Defense Fund.
3) Start something to support small local businesses -- not sure enough of how to do this to put in more detail.
4) Do that farm/retreat center Tim and I have talked about.
5) Travel a lot.

What are five of your bad habits?

1) Eating in response to stress. (Yes, I have stolen this verbatim from Cecilia...)
2) Not walking places I totally could.
3) Not trusting myself.
4) Not trusting others.
5) Procrastination.

What are five places where you have lived?

1) Worcester, PA
2) Bethlehem, PA
3) Allentown, PA
4) In fear
5) Longmont, CO

What are five jobs you've had?

1) Pricing socks.
2) Making trophies.
3) Running cameras.
4) Selling cell phones.
5) Doing what I love.

Not tagging anyone specific-like, cos I haven't been paying enough attention to know who hasn't already done it.

But in the process of filling this out I've settled into reading old journals, and among all the minutiae a single theme has emerged...

I am so much happier than I was then. So, so much happier.

It's amazing.

Thank You, Lord, for helping me find the strength to make the changes I needed to in my life.

No comments: