Thursday, May 24, 2007

Much, much better.

A good night's sleep makes many things all better.

Having spent the night with it elevated, the toe is some better today (though still achy and I don't want to whack it into anything). All the cleaning I did yesterday served multiple purposes -- my apartment is clean, which always lifts my spirits, and I also got to spend basically the entire day running around, cleaning, straightening, and chanting 'the Queen is coming, the Queen is coming' because while Adhemar is hardly Elizabeth, he's still the Queen. And thus not thinking about the other huge exciting issues in my life right now, which was a nice break.

I have to work a lot this weekend, since Linette (the boss) is off doing a show down in Boulder. Which is annoying, because I really wanted to celebrate my first Pentecost with my new congregation, though I'm thinking about going to an earlier Sunday mass at one of the local RC churches. I don't think going up for the Eucharist would be a good idea under those circumstances but at least I'd be there.

I'm also going to be at work a lot while Adhemar is here, which bugs me, but also keeps us from being in each other's hair the whole the time. For those what don't know, Adhemar is my dear queer friend from the East Coast, a grand and lovely human who I miss dearly. We're trying to convince him to move out here, though with little expectation of success. As I've found that Colorado is home for me, home for him is within an easy drive of The City.

On the up side, I'll also be making more money than usual, and that's not a bad thing. The jobhunt still goes slowly (partly, alas, due to my recent bout of 'brain full') but eventually the right thing will turn up. I have faith in this, if only because if I didn't I wouldn't get out of bed in the morning.

Sort of setting the thoughts of discernment aside for a bit, as I've gotten to the point where I go round and round and round and round and get nowhere. I'll stick with the quiet listening but ease back on the active 'please tell me what you want!' stuff. It'll come when it comes.

Just kind of quietly happy at the moment. Adhemar's here, got in last night and we had a lovely meal and talked and laughed for hours. He drove me in to work today and took many pictures of my jewelry and stuff for a website he's going to build for me, and then he wandered around Lyons for a while while I (alas) had to keep watch over the store. Just being around him makes me happy, and he's here for a whole week.

I'll get back to the more thoughtful posts in a bit I'm sure. I need a break from all the thinking, though.

No comments: