Thursday, November 1, 2007

Samhain, All Saint's, call it what you will...

Started a fire in my fireplace. First time this season. Got it going real well. (Took a while.)

Found the SCA favours I'd made for my ex years ago...which he gave back to me the last time I saw him, right before I moved out here.

I could tell they weren't going to be enough on their own, so I cut off about five inches of my hair, as well. Grab ponytail, snip, right across the back.

And tossed in the lot.

--

Maybe I'm not quite as entirely Christian as I thought I was.

Still mostly, though.

3 comments:

Kass McGann said...

*hugs and kisses and more hugs*

It's a good think to do. Makes an end. I did something similar to cut ties with a bad ex-boyfriend years ago. Burned all his letters and photos in the sink. Got quite a blaze going too!

Zee said...

Hi! I came over from NaBloPoMo. I'm challenging myself to comment on as many blogs as possible this month.
A little soul cleansing and a new look never hurt anyone. Good for you. I'd love to do something like that with my old wedding photos, but alas, I have no fireplace.

Happy Posting!

Kate said...

Isn't it great, Kass? So freeing. I love my new hair, too.

Zee, thanks for stopping by! I'll have to reciprocate. :) You might, if you're still thinking about it, try the sink like Kass did, or a big pot -- I burned things in a cast iron dutch oven once -- or even just a little fire out on the porch if it's concrete. There are ways!